PHYSICS WITH ASPDEN
- Hello....My Name is HAROLD ASPDEN and I live in SOUTHAMPTON, HAMPSHIRE, ENGLAND. I have now removed my E-Mail address from this web page owing to it having attracted too many spam messages and so persons wishing to communicate with me on matters arising from what I here present should do so by mail addressed to me c/o Sabberton, P.O. Box 35, Chilworth, Southampton SO16 7RB, England.
Welcome to my Physics WEB SITE
- I am a RETIRED CORPORATE PATENT DIRECTOR having a long-standing interest in fundamental physics, the subject of many papers of published record. My English university background is: Manchester (B.Sc., 1945-1948), Cambridge (Ph.D., 1950-1953) and Southampton (Visiting Senior Research Fellow, 1983-1992). This Web page is headed 'Physics with Aspden' because in 1969 I published a book entitled 'Physics without Einstein'. I sought then, and still seek now, to show how much further we can progress if we follow a course not depending upon Einstein's philosophy. The book left little impression on the scientific community, probably owing to its title. However, with the passage of time its 2,000 copies were all sold long ago. It is now out-of-print and, as these Web pages grow, I shall be incorporating a copy of that work and my other books and many of my papers as PDF files. These can be read using the Abobe Acrobat Reader which is freely available from Adobe on their Web site
In developing this Web site I have been compiling my concluding work, which revises and builds on the theme of 'Physics without Einstein', its title being 'The Physics of Creation'.
- Its first 'draft edition' was completed on 28th March 2003 and was duly recorded in these Web pages. Its revised version was completed on 23rd October 2003 and replaced that first draft version. In it you will discover some of the truths of physical science that have eluded mention in standard textbooks on physics. I believe there are two intermeshing worlds, both having three space dimensions, the material world that we can see and the unseen ghost-like underworld that we can sense by phenomena which the orthodox physicist cannot explain, notably gravitation. My subject is 'Creation' and the related quest of 'Unification', that Holy Grail of the theoretical physicist, which can only be found by those willing to wander in the darkness, probing the fluid-crystal-like structure of the aether, the oscillatory jitter of which accounts for its quantum electrodynamic properties and, arising from its need for dynamic balance, the force of gravitation.
- With the dawn of the Einstein Year: 2005, I recorded an easily readable introductory work entitled 'Physics without Einstein: A Centenary Review', in which I show why Einstein's Theory of Relativity does not warrant the praise it has received, it having blocked the way forward for better understanding of matter creation and gravitation.
- The scientific community was, however, in no way ready to heed what I had to say, given that 2005 was seen as a year when physics students should be encouraged to take interest in Einstein's theory. However, ever conscious that as every day passes we are heading closer to the day when the energy resources we rely on will fail to meet demand and any hope of success based on the prospect of nuclear fusion fades away, the time has come in 2006 to face up to the truth. Accordingly I decided to supplement what I shall be reporting on this website by a more popular and easily readable separately-published book. The book is entitled Creation: The Physical Truth (ISBN 1-84624- 050-6) and was published on October 26, 2006. Details of this new book, together with a message of considerable importance having bearing upon our energy future are now of record on my new and separate website:
- I now hope to attract feedback which can assist in further clarifying and, if necessary, correcting, my message in this major work. I request such feedback and expect it will guide me in cooperating with those interested in the onward development of understanding the physics of Creation and, by its promulgation, enhancing the education of physics students everywhere.
- My physics has deeper roots than those of currently-accepted theory and the fruits of my endeavour have yet to blossom above ground, as it were, as they climb from the obscurity of that aether underworld and come to be seen in their full glory by those who live above ground, and not in the far-off imaginary underworld of the Big Bang, the Black Hole and Four-Space.
- To see the 2005 item 'Centenary Review' press:
Physics without Einstein: A Centenary Review
- To see the text of the book as presented in its earlier revised version on this website press:
The Physics of Creation: Contents
- To see a listing of the author's published papers and have access to many of these in PDF (Portable Document Format) using your Acrobat reader facility press:
Dr. Aspden's Papers
- To see a listing of the author's published books and have PDF access to these as they are eventually entered on this web site press:
Dr. Aspden's Books and Energy Science Reports
- For those interested in the onward development this website and the author's quest in developing interest in the physics that can help to solve our future energy resource problems press:
Aspden Research Papers
- For those interested in the background history of the author's quest in developing the physics recorded in these books and papers press:
Biographical Notes: The Struggle for Acceptance
- To escape from this WEB SITE and visit the author's related technology site, press:
The URL of these Internet Web pages is: